What is PlayCleanGO?
PlayCleanGo started as a Minnesota State, education initiative to stop the spread of invasive species in parks and natural areas.
Click here to learn more about invasive species.
The goal is to encourage outdoor recreation while protecting valuable natural resources. The objective is to slow or stop the spread of terrestrial invasive species (those that occur on land) through changes in public behaviour.
The Canadian Council on Invasive Species entered into an agreement with Minnesota in late 2016 that enabled Canadian Council on Invasive Species to adapt and implement PlayCleanGo: Stop Invasive Species in Your Tracks, as a national branded program across Canada.
What Can You Do?
- REMOVE plants, animals & mud from boots, gear, pets & vehicle.
- CLEAN your gear before entering & leaving the recreation site.
- STAY on designated roads & trails.
Become a Supporter, Organizational Partner or Contributing Partner!
Encouraging a growing the number of individuals is fundamental to a successful behaviour change program. Across Canada, especially within key target groups and youth, the aim is to have responsible individuals gain awareness and personally ‘adopt’ a behaviour change program.
- Supporters are individuals who pledge to adopt Play Clean Go
- Supporters make a public ‘commitment’ or pledge to take action by signing up and allowing their name (K. Sherman) to be displayed on our website
- Supporters serve as role models and encourage others to join
- Supporters receive a welcome Kit
Organizational partners are critically important to sustaining PlayCleanGo and spreading its message and resources. All levels of partners will receive a welcome kit in addtion to the items listed below.
a. Level 1 Partners
- Partner organization’s logo will be added to Play Clean Go resources of their choosing, free of charge, for them to distribute at their cost.
- Partners will receive the final product in electronic format for them to print or we can print and invoice at a cost.
- Partners receive a welcome kit
b. Level 2 Partners
- The partner organization is granted access to the Play Clean Go Graphic Standards to use in creating their own campaign materials.
- Partners will recieve up to 2 hours of free Graphic Design services.
- Partners receive a welcome kit
|Partner Level 1||$150||$100||No charge|
|Partner Level 2||$400||$325 (discount rate available for NGO)||$250|
Contributing partners are critically important to sustaining all of our programs. Contributing partners receive brand visibility and marketing opportunities through a variety of sponsor visibility packages, specific for each program. Each program website will profile the relevant contributing partners.
- Contributing partners can select to be promoted in one or more of the changing behaviour programs through online, print or social media.
- Contributing partners can choose to advertise in one or more program’s quarterly newsletter.
- Contributing partners can be recognized through the social media campaigns for one or more programs.
- Contributing partners may want to take advantage of the opportunity to put their brand on various Program resources.
- Contributing partners are open to pursuing to customized sponsorship opportunities with the CCIS based on organizational needs and priorities.
|# of programs sponsored (up to)||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Social Media ads/year||1||2||4||6||8|
|Free display table at events||1||1||1||1|
|# of free registrations to events||1||1||2||4|
|Recognition on our website||Listed||Listed||Logo||Logo and link to website||Logo and link to website||Logo and link to website|
|Level 2 partner benefits included||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Below are just some of the resources we have created so far. All of our resoures are being translated into French.
If you are a partner and would like access to the resources to edit for your use following our graphic standards or would like us to assist you in developing some resources, please email Kellie.
Play Clean Go Boot Brush Sign (Waterton Park example)