What is PlayCleanGo?
PlayCleanGo started as a Minnesota State, education initiative to stop the spread of invasive species in parks and natural areas.
The goal is to encourage outdoor recreation while protecting valuable natural resources. The objective is to slow or stop the spread of terrestrial invasive species (those that occur on land) through changes in public behaviour.
The Canadian Council on Invasive Species entered into an agreement with Minnesota in late 2016 that enabled Canadian Council on Invasive Species to adapt and implement PlayCleanGo: Stop Invasive Species in Your Tracks, as a national branded program across Canada.Back to top
Take the Pledge!
Invasive species can cause damage to the economy, the environment, and to human health, but each person can make a difference in preventing new invasions and stopping the spread of existing ones!
People across North America are joining together to protect the places we love by taking the PlayCleanGo Pledge. When you take the Pledge, you agree to:
- REMOVE plants, insects, and mud from your boots, gear, and pets.
- CHECK your tires on bikes and ATVs and remove any plant parts before moving to a new area.
- CLEAN your gear before entering and leaving a recreation site.
- STAY on designated roads and trails.
- LEARN to identify common invasive species and report them.
Fill out the form below to take the Pledge!
Become a PlayCleanGo Partner
What if every outdoor enthusiast were provided with the tools to Stop Invasive Species in their Tracks? Could we stop them? We think so. We have 550+ partner organizations already, representing thousands of individuals who believe we can do it too.
Join forces with like-minded individuals, organizations, and businesses across North America. Become a PlayCleanGo partner now!
Each partnership opportunity provides a variety of benefits to support shared goals at the level that feels right for you. The available PlayCleanGo benefits are listed when you choose the partner type that is right for you.
Encouraging a growing the number of individuals is fundamental to a successful behaviour change program. Across Canada, especially within key target groups and youth, the aim is to have responsible individuals gain awareness and personally ‘adopt’ a behaviour change program. Supporters are individuals who pledge to adopt PlayCleanGo. Supporters serve as role models and encourage others to join.
Organizational partners are critically important to sustaining PlayCleanGo and spreading its message and resources. As an organizational partner, you will receive various benefits, while contributing to the strength and sustainability of the program.
|Supporter $40||Supporter (CCIS Member) $30||Organizational Partner Lvl 1 $150||Organizational Partner Lvl 1 (CCIS Member) $100||Organizational Partner Lvl 2 $400||Organizational Partner Lvl 2 (CCIS Member) $325|
|Name listed on website|
|Logo added to the website|
|Featured in CCIS E-bulletin|
|Three resources with logo added, for you to distribute and receive final product in electronic form|
|Access to print files|
|2 hours free graphic design services|
Contributing partners are critically important to sustaining all of our programs. Contributing partners receive brand visibility and marketing opportunities through a variety of sponsor visibility packages, specific for each program. Each program website will profile the relevant contributing partners.
- Contributing partners can select to be promoted in one or more of the changing behaviour programs through online, print or social media.
- Contributing partners can choose to advertise in one or more program’s quarterly newsletter.
- Contributing partners can be recognized through the social media campaigns for one or more programs.
- Contributing partners may want to take advantage of the opportunity to put their brand on various Program resources.
- Contributing partners are open to pursuing to customized sponsorship opportunities with the CCIS based on organizational needs and priorities.
Complete the form below to join now
The resources below are free for you to download and print as is. If you require changes to them, for example, the addition of your logo, you are required to join as a partner as described above.
The image below is of the boot brushes we have available for purchase. Boot brushes are $2.75/piece plus GST. If you are interested in purchasing boot brushes, please contact us HERE.