Registration is now open for Canada’s 1st National Phragmites Conference!
January 20th, 2022 from 11am – 4pm Eastern Standard Time
About this Event:
This national virtual event will provide a snapshot on the state and spread of “Canada’s worst invasive plant”, Phragmites australis (AKA European Common Reed), and it’s impacts on species at risk, habitats, communities and infrastructure across Canada in the face of a changing climate.
Features of this event include:
- Sharing information on national and regional approaches
- A range of topics including new research, success stories, prevention and response
- Networking with people across provinces and territories
The National Phragmites Conference is hosted by the Canadian Council on Invasive Species (CCIS) in partnership with the Ontario Invasive Plant Council (OIPC) and their committee, the Ontario Phragmites Working Group (OPWG).
How to Register:
Tickets for the National Phragmites Conference can be purchased online here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/national-phragmites-conference-registration-221987830577
Note: Early-bird ticket sales end December 31, 2021!
This year, we are pleased to offer discounts to Indigenous peoples, groups of 5 or more, CCIS members and OIPC members:
- Indigenous Peoples: We have a limited number of free Indigenous registrations available! Please contact Programs@CanadaInvasives.ca to receive a discount code for a FREE registration.
- Groups of 5 or more: Email Programs@CanadaInvasives.ca to request a discount code and receive 10% off registration for multiple attendees participating from the same organization.
- CCIS Members may be eligible for a discount, email Programs@CanadaInvasives.ca to learn more.
- OIPC Members are eligible for a discount, check your email or contact Communication@OnInvasives.ca for details.
Check www.CanadaInvasives.ca “News and Events” for updates on event details such as session times, speakers and descriptions as information becomes available.
Please email any questions to email@example.com